The keys to getting fit are exercise, nutrition and support. But if you’re like a lot of people—myself included—it’s hard to make good food choices when you’re running hither and yon. Lately, my family has been augmenting our eat-on-the-go food choices with the Shakeology nutritional shake. Beachbody calls Shakeology “The Healthiest Meal of the Day.” But what is it?
Shakeology is a nutritional shake that contains more than 70 all natural ingredients from around the world—including 23 vitamins and minerals.
It is such a complete source of nutrients that many people use it as a meal replacement shake—great for breakfast, lunch or eating on the run. It comes in Chocolate, Greenberry and the brand new Vegan Tropical Strawberry.
So what’s so great about Shakeology? For less than the cost of a daily latte from Starbucks, you get a drink high in proteins, amino acids, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, antioxidants, phytonutrients and contains 23 vitamins and minerals
What are the benefits?
- More energy. You know that feeling you get when you eat something super healthy? That’s what you get—that healthy buzz.
- Reduced appetite. You really do feel fuller, longer.
- Less cravings. When hunger hits, it isn’t for junk.
- Improved digestion. Without naming names, I know people who talk about things like “regularity” when discussing all of the wonderful things Shakeology does for their GI systems. I will spare you the details.
- Complete source of nutrients. Often people stop taking other vitamins and nutritional supplements after they start taking Shakeology.
- Lower cholesterol.
- (P.S. My husband assures me it is a great hangover remedy.)
The Nutritional Science:
- 70 ingredients from around the world
- 23 vitamins and minerals
- Certified low glycemic index
- 16 to 18 grams of quality protein
- 140 to 160 calories–ideal for a post workout shake
Money saving tip: If you purchase Shakeology on Home Direct, shipping is free. It is an auto-ship program, but you can cancel at any time.