I have something new on my wishlist—and it’s not candy for a change. It’s Les Mills Pump.
I workout at home now, but I took a few Les Mills BodyPump classes—a barbell-based class—at my old gym. Now Beachbody and Les Mills International have joined forces to develop an at-home version of the popular gym-based Les Mills BodyPump classes. More than 3 million people take the classes each week in more than 80 countries worldwide. But what can you expect from the home-based version?
A head-to-toe workout: The barbell-based workout helps sculpt shoulders, biceps, triceps, legs, glutes and core.
Fast Results: The program uses The Rep Effect—doing lots of repetitions of light weights—to fatigue the muscles and to create a lean, sculpted body. That means more than 800 reps in one workout. Surprisingly, that’s more than four times the number of repetitions done in a traditional gym workout.
High Caloric Burn: Expect to burn up to 1,000 calories doing the Les Mills PUMP workout, according to an independent study done at Chapman University. And—since it’s weight workout—you’ll still burn fat for 24-48 hours after you workout.
Body Pumping Music: The at-home version offers the same exciting music and choreography that drives more than 3 million people to BodyPump classes each week in gyms worldwide. Workouts include music from such chart-topping artists as Lady Gaga, Pink and Usher. Other routines feature classic rock and dance club hits.
Three Days a Week Workout: The workouts are intense, so the program is designed to be done three times a week. But plan to incorporate other workouts throughout the week.
A Workout for all Fitness Levels: Les Mills Pump can be adapted to any fitness level—just decrease the weight on the bar or alter the range of motion. Feeling the burn a little too much on those squats? Don’t go down as far.
Gym in a Box: The Les Mills Pump Base Kit includes everything you need to do the workout.
- 7 DVDs
- Lean, Strong, & Unstoppable Fitness Guide
- Get Lean Nutrition Guide
- Barbell that breaks down for easy storage (designed especially for Les Mills Pump)
- Barbell safety clips (designed to lock the weights on, but make it easy to quickly change weights)
- Two 5-lb. and two 10-lb. weighted plates
- Workout calendar
- 2 bonus workouts
- Free bonus workout only available at Team Beachbody
- Everything in the Pump Base kit
- 3 additional cardio workouts
- 2 additional 5 pound weights
- Height-adjustable Step. Convenient to use as a weight bench, for cardio-conditioning, and platform for sculpting exercises.
Order the Base Kit here to receive your free bonus workout.
Order the Deluxe Kit here to receive your free bonus workout.